Re: Man-pages

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: Re: Man-pages
Date: Sun, 09 Dec 2007 21:13:13 +0100

Fred Kiefer wrote:
Dennis Leeuw wrote:
Hi all,

I created a set of preliminary man-pages for the GNUstep tools. Comments
suggestions and additions highly appreciated.

One little thing I noticed is that the set_show_service command does the
enable and disable, but is doesn't do the show. Is this a bug or
intentional?

I put the gclose, gcloseall amd set_show_service man pages into gui.
gopen and make_services were already there. The rest belongs into make,
perhaps Nicola could take care of that?

Hi Fred,

You are quick... :)

I had the idea of making a more general approach, since I dived into the world of man-page writing. I see there is a lot non-standard about man-pages. So I decided to first write a standard to adhere to before proceeding with filling in the man-page gap.

Instead of reinventing the wheel, maybe more people can comment on the following pre-doc. So we can set a standard and then fill in all man-pages.

http://gnustep.made-it.com/man-groff.html

Greetings,

Dennis