Re: Thoughts on font management

From: Isaiah Beerbower
Subject: Re: Thoughts on font management
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2007 09:20:08 -0500

On 12/10/07, Fred Kiefer <fredkiefer@gmx.de> wrote:
> Isaiah Beerbower wrote:

> >> In that case I'll write some ...
> >
> > I have an almost complete implementation working with the cairo back
> > end. Should I create a new branch for it under /libs/back/branches?
> > This is my first contribution to GNUstep, which is why I ask.
>
> The first thing you need to do is of course to assign the copyright to
> the FSF :-)
> After that you should be able to get write access to the SVN repository.

I've already done both.

> Whether we need a separate branch for this change depends on the amount
> of code that changes and on how stable the change is in the beginning. I
> prefer to work on the trunk, so that people will actually test the
> changes I make. But this is only advisable if you are willing to correct
> any problems very fast.

Currently I have made changes in only three classes
(CairoFontEnumerator, CairoFaceInfo, & CairoFontInfo) and I've tested
it in several situations already and consider it stable.

The reason I asked is because you said "I would prefer to see code,
before I judge on it". Shall I put it in trunk then?

- Isaiah Beerbower

--
www.ipaqah.com