Re: [ANNOUNCE] SimpleAgenda 0.34

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: [ANNOUNCE] SimpleAgenda 0.34
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 01:46:21 +0100

On 14.12.2007, at 01:31, Philippe Roussel wrote:
I thought about using it when I started this project but, to be
honest, I'm lazy :o)

:-) Well, you probably looked at sope-ical, which is (slightly) different to NGCards. (Wolfgang started a completely new library based on the old one, for reasons I still don't really understand ;-)

libical is really simple to use, as far as I can see works and seems
to be more or less maintained (I've been contacted to test
SimpleAgenda with the future libical 0.30). On your opinion, what's
wrong with libical ?

Uhm, I found it really hard to use and completely unmaintained. But apparently you are fine with it :-)

On the other end, NGCards is a big library, apparently not very well
documented (sorry :-) and seems to depend on many other stuff (versit
SAX driver, SAX, sope-xml etc) but I may be wrong...

Hm, no. It just depends on sope-xml/SaxObjC (a rather small lib with no additional dependencies). Everything else is included in NGCards, and its not *that* big.

If I can use NGCards without adding to many dependencies and with some
benefits over libical, I would glad to do it.

I guess the biggest benefit is that it is high level and directly integrates at the Foundation library. And its actively maintained :-)

In fact I wonder how you deal with things like date handling and recurrences. Hm, should have a look at the source ;-)

Greets,
  Helge
--
Helge Hess