GWorkspace in unknown state: bug?

From: Dennis Leeuw
Subject: GWorkspace in unknown state: bug?
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 09:36:13 +0100

Hi all,

When I keep GWorkspace running hidden for a couple of days it happens that I keep the icon, but without the . on the minimized icon. And I can not get it to wake up again.

An strace of the process shows activity, no high load no excessive memory consumption.

The environment and situation:
GNUstep latest release with cairo backend
Window Maker from Debian Etch
It's a laptop that I use both at work and at home, so it switches networks a lot and with every switch I do also restart gdomap.

Now the question is... is this a cairo backend bug, a GWorkspace bug, or an problem created by my own activity?

This is the second time it happend. After this e-mail I will kill GWorkspace and restart it again, so any ideas for debugging the next occurance are welcome.

Not so Happy Stepping ;)

Dennis