Re: Memory usage of GNUstep processes

From: Pete French
Subject: Re: Memory usage of GNUstep processes
Date: Fri, 14 Dec 2007 17:20:52 +0000

> Thanks for this info!!! That is general unix behaviour or do Solaris,
> MacOSX, Linux,... have a different flavour of handling these kind of
> things?

All have different flavours - I only recently found out that FreeBSD actually
returns the memory to the kerenl for feallocation after calling free(). I'm
more used to the traditional Unix way which has a process always growing
and not returning the memory until it exists, merely reusing it if freed.

-bat.