Re: opengroupware and gnustpe-base WAS: [OGo-Developer] gsmake2 branch s

From: Helge Hess
Subject: Re: opengroupware and gnustpe-base WAS: [OGo-Developer] gsmake2 branch segmentation fault
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 23:08:04 +0100

On 19.02.2008, at 08:50, David Ayers wrote:
Helge Hess schrieb:
On 18.02.2008, at 10:44, Richard Frith-Macdonald wrote:
On 18 Feb 2008, at 09:01, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
However, OGo, on Linux, *BSD usually compiled against libFoundation
Just for completeness: I usually compile/develop against Cocoa, and it works just fine there too.
Just for the record, -base poisons the class_pointer (isa) in NSDeallocateObject by default where as Foundation doesn't (at least older implementations of Foundation don't). Therefore double releases could more likely go by unnoticed in Cocoa.

Interesting.

Anyways, I think a generic double release is rather unlikely (after all it works with lF _and_ Cocoa, and we did a lot of memory debugging over the years). Not impossible, but unlikely. From a rough feeling I guess GDL1 somehow modifies retain/release stuff to do certain things (uniquers, faults). Maybe that doesn't work properly with gstep-base (eg a retain count doesn't properly get transferred when a fault is resolved or sth like that).

Greets,
  Helge
--
Helge Hess