Re: [GDL2] custom class creation

From: Manuel Guesdon
Subject: Re: [GDL2] custom class creation
Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2008 14:26:54 +0100

Hi,

On Mon, 3 Mar 2008 07:32:00 -0500
Blake Nicholson <blaken@umich.edu> wrote:

BN >| (Note: I originally sent this to help-gnustep, but my message neither
BN >| went through nor bounced.  I apologize in advance if people end up
BN >| receiving duplicates.)
BN >|
BN >|  From what class should custom enterprise objects inherit, NSObject or
BN >| EOGenericRecord?  I've tried both ways and have not been successful
BN >| running the following code snippet:

I usually use, with ESJob inheriting from EOGenericRecord:
EOClassDescription*  cd=
  [EOClassDescription classDescriptionForClass:[ESJob class]];
ESJob* myJob=[cd createInstanceWithEditingContext:ec
          globalID:nil
          zone:NULL];
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/legacytechnologies/webobjects/webobjects_4.5/System/Library/Frameworks/EOControl.framework/Java/Classes/EOClassDescription.html

Your code seems correct if I refer to