Re: application not quitting

From: Gregory Weston
Subject: Re: application not quitting
Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2008 20:13:22 -0400

In article <mailman.1052.1224018351.25473.discuss-gnustep@gnu.org>,
 Marko Riedel <markoriedelde@yahoo.de> wrote:

> Hello there,
>
> the environment is KDE 3.5 (sorry, I had no choice in the matter), but the
> same problem occurs with WindowMaker. The application is not document-based
> and does have an application delegate and applicationShouldTerminate: is
> invoked. As I did not subclass NSApplication I don't know whether
> replyToApplicationShouldTerminate: gets called (this is not a delegate method
> according to developer.apple.com).

Correct; it's not a delegate method. It's a message that's sent to the
NSApplication instance at some point after the delegate's
applicationShouldTerminate: returns NSTerminateLater. It's a way to
conditionalize termination on uncached things like user input. You
really shouldn't need to send this message if applicationShouldTerminate
returns any other defined value.

--
"Harry?" Ron's voice was a mere whisper. "Do you smell something ... burning?"
   - Harry Potter and the Odor of the Phoenix