Re: All GNUstep apps have blank windows, and lots of apps won't compile

From: Tim Kack
Subject: Re: All GNUstep apps have blank windows, and lots of apps won't compile
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 09:50:52 +0200

Hi Samuel,

Regarding the failing gdl2, I was looking at the output in the pastebin
and noticed:

"Palette.h:26:40: warning: InterfaceBuilder/IBPalette.h: No such file or
directory"
You need to install dev-apps/gorm first before trying to compile GDL2 to
get the necessary headers for building the GDL2Palette.
The other thing I noticed is that it seems that you have two libobjc
libraries:
"/usr/bin/ld: warning: libobjc.so.2, needed
by /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries/libgnustep-gui.so, may conflict
with libobjc.so.1"
GSWeb will not compile until you have compiled GDL2.

The problems with gnustep-db is indeed a problem and the GCObject.h is
declared in GNUstepBase.

Regarding the blank windows, are you using desktop composition (like
compiz, beryl etc)? Which window manager are you using?

Hope this helps.

Best regards,
Tim