Re: Re: All GNUstep apps have blank windows, and lots of apps won't comp

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: Re: All GNUstep apps have blank windows, and lots of apps won't compile
Date: Tue, 21 Oct 2008 19:34:41 +0200

Am Dienstag, den 21.10.2008, 16:52 +0000 schrieb Samuel Harvey:
> On Mon, 2008-10-20 at 22:42 +0000, Samuel Harvey wrote:

> >  The problems with gnustep-db is indeed a problem and the GCObject.h is
> >  declared in GNUstepBase.
>
> So is there anything I can do short of learning how to develop gnustep-db?

> Here's what still won't compile in modules/dev-libs:
>
> db
> Tim said it was a 'problem'.

gnustep-db is based on a very version of the EOF API and is superseded
by GDL2 (actually even GDL2 could be considered legacy and is currently
being superseded by CoreData at least for very simple cases... but
that's a but over simplifying the situation).

I have moved the project in svn to the obsoleted tree.  There are
probably a few more projects that could be considered for official
obsoleting.

Cheers,
David