Re: lowercase dir names in GSWeb.framework/GSWDisplayGroup.h

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: lowercase dir names in GSWeb.framework/GSWDisplayGroup.h
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 00:07:16 +0200

Am Donnerstag, den 23.10.2008, 21:53 +0000 schrieb Samuel Harvey:

> ****
> Of course, this is only an issue if you're using a case sensitive file
> system.
> As far as I can tell, the issue can be traced back to this file:
> dev-libs/gsweb/GSWeb.framework/GSWDisplayGroup.h
> ****
>  40       #include <eoaccess/EOModel.h>
>  41       #include <eoaccess/EOEntity.h>

[snip]

> Attached is a diff patch for GSWDisplayGroup.h. I have recompiled
> gsweb with the change, and now gsldapwebexplorer only complains about
> files that really aren't there:
> ****
> In file included
> from /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers/GSWeb/GSWeb.h:171,
>                  from Main.m:31:
> /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers/GSWeb/GSWDisplayGroup.h:43:48:
> warning: EOAccess/EOAttributeOrdering.h: No such file or directory
> /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers/GSWeb/GSWDisplayGroup.h:45:40:

[snip]

> I'm quite open to any constructive criticism on how I put this
> together, as I don't have much experience contributing to free
> software projects.

Thanks a lot for all you effort, but the correct solution would be to

- revert your changes
- run "make distclean" in the gsweb directory
- rerun "./configure && make"

GSWeb tries to support multiple EOF frameworks:

- GDL2
- TCSimpleDB
- DB [the obsolete project I had removed]

When you ran configure the first time, GDL2 wasn't properly installed
and therefor not detected which lead to falling back to the old
gnustep-db which indeed used the lower case names.

We need to remove the gnustep-db support.  And I also need get David
Wetzel to use GDL2 someday so we can remove the TCSimpleDB support.  But
that hasn't been a real priority lately... Sorry for the inconvenience.

Cheers,
David