usr-apps/gsldapwebexplorer: ld cannot find -lGSANTLR_d

From: Samuel Harvey
Subject: usr-apps/gsldapwebexplorer: ld cannot find -lGSANTLR_d
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 08:08:08 +0000

On Fri, Oct 24, 2008 at 7:41 AM, David Ayers <ayers@fsfe.org> wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 23.10.2008, 22:48 +0000 schrieb Samuel Harvey:
>
>> Hmmm... GSLDAPWebExplorer still grouches about those lowercase dir
>> names. I ran the following in dev-libs/gdl2 and gsweb, in that order:
>> ****
>> $ make distclean
>> $ ./configure && make
>> $ su
>> # make uninstall
>> # make install
>> ****
>> (For various reasons, 'sudo -E' doesn't quite cut it because some
>> extra environment variables get passed. I've been reading the sudo
>> documentation to figure out what to put in sudoers to make plain sudo
>> work for building GNUstep stuff, but I haven't quite figured it out.)
>
> I'm not using it myself yet since I'm still stuck with an older version
> of -make but I /think/ if you add the following line:
>
> Defaults        env_keep=GNUSTEP_MAKEFILES
>
> to your visudo configuration (i.e. sudo visudo), you /should/ be able to
> use "sudo make install"
>
>> Then:
>> ****
>> usr-apps/gsldapwebexplorer $ make distclean
>> usr-apps/gsldapwebexplorer $ make
>> This is gnustep-make 2.0.6. Type 'make print-gnustep-make-help' for help.
>> Making all for gswapp GSLDAPWebExplorer...
>>  Compiling file Main.m ...
>> In file included from /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers/GSWeb/GSWeb.h:171,
>>                  from Main.m:31:
>> /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers/GSWeb/GSWDisplayGroup.h:40:36:
>> warning: eoaccess/EOModel.h: No such file or directory
>> In file included from /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers/GSWeb/GSWeb.h:171,
>>                  from Main.m:31:
>> /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Headers/GSWeb/GSWDisplayGroup.h:85: error:
>> expected specifier-qualifier-list before 'EODatabaseDataSource'
>> make[1]: *** [obj/Main.m.o] Error 1
>> make: *** [GSLDAPWebExplorer.all.gswapp.variables] Error 2
>> ****
>>
>> I guess GDL2 still isn't registering properly for whatever reason.
>
> Hm... yes and no... it's not really an issue of GDL2 not registering
> properly, its more of what users of GSWeb need to do to simply have
> things work.  It's all a bit hackish.  (GSLDAPWebExploror would need a
> define).
>
> I believe the way forward is to remove the gnustep-db support from gsweb
> and default to GDL2, which is what I checked it.  So please update
> gsweb, rebuild and reinstall (you shouldn't need to reconfigure).
>
>> In all honesty, I don't actually need this program; I'm just trying to
>> turn over all the rocks to see what bugs I can find. Once I get
>> comfortable with Obj-C, I'll try to squash a few bugs myself.
>
> That's great, and it spurs me to do a little cleanup when I find a few
> minutes.
>
> Cheers,
> David

Since I'm arguably changing the subject, I thought it best to start a
new thread.

Now that GSLDAPWebExplorer is trying to use GDL instead of DB...

<shell>
gsldapwebexplorer $ make messages=yes
Making all for gswapp GSLDAPWebExplorer...
gcc  -lGSANTLR_d -lGSWeb -lgnustep-db2_d -lgnustep-db2control_d
-lgsldap_d `Magick-config --ldflags --libs`       -fgnu-runtime -o
GSLDAPWebExplorer.gswa/./GSLDAPWebExplorer \
        ./obj/Main.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWESession.m.o
./obj/GSLDAPWebExplorer.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWebExplorer_main.m.o
./obj/GSLDAPWEParameters.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWETree.m.o
./obj/GSLDAPWETemplate.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWEEntryPage.m.o
./obj/GSLDAPWESchema.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWESchemaElementBase.m.o
./obj/GSLDAPWESchemaObjectClass.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWESchemaAttribute.m.o
./obj/GSLDAPWESchemaSyntax.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWESchemaMatchingRule.m.o
./obj/GSLDAPWESchemaElementPage.m.o   -L../src/./obj
-L/usr/GNUstep/System/lib -L/.
-L/home/kephnos/GNUstep/Library/Libraries
-L/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries
-L/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries        -lgnustep-base
-lpthread -lobjc   -lm
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGSANTLR_d
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[1]: *** [GSLDAPWebExplorer.gswa/./GSLDAPWebExplorer] Error 1
make: *** [GSLDAPWebExplorer.all.gswapp.variables] Error 2
</shell>

I have antlr and libantlr-dev installed, and dev-libs/gsantlr seems to
be compiling and installing just fine. I only understand how ld works
in a vague, hand-waving kind of manner, so I'm out of my league here.

Sam H