Re: usr-apps/gsldapwebexplorer: ld cannot find -lGSANTLR_d

From: David Ayers
Subject: Re: usr-apps/gsldapwebexplorer: ld cannot find -lGSANTLR_d
Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2008 12:15:10 +0200

Hello Sam,

Am Freitag, den 24.10.2008, 08:08 +0000 schrieb Samuel Harvey:
> Since I'm arguably changing the subject, I thought it best to start a
> new thread.
>
> Now that GSLDAPWebExplorer is trying to use GDL instead of DB...
>
> <shell>
> gsldapwebexplorer $ make messages=yes
> Making all for gswapp GSLDAPWebExplorer...
> gcc  -lGSANTLR_d -lGSWeb -lgnustep-db2_d -lgnustep-db2control_d
> -lgsldap_d `Magick-config --ldflags --libs`       -fgnu-runtime -o
> GSLDAPWebExplorer.gswa/./GSLDAPWebExplorer \
>         ./obj/Main.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWESession.m.o
> ./obj/GSLDAPWebExplorer.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWebExplorer_main.m.o
> ./obj/GSLDAPWEParameters.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWETree.m.o
> ./obj/GSLDAPWETemplate.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWEEntryPage.m.o
> ./obj/GSLDAPWESchema.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWESchemaElementBase.m.o
> ./obj/GSLDAPWESchemaObjectClass.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWESchemaAttribute.m.o
> ./obj/GSLDAPWESchemaSyntax.m.o ./obj/GSLDAPWESchemaMatchingRule.m.o
> ./obj/GSLDAPWESchemaElementPage.m.o   -L../src/./obj
> -L/usr/GNUstep/System/lib -L/.
> -L/home/kephnos/GNUstep/Library/Libraries
> -L/usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries
> -L/usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Libraries        -lgnustep-base
> -lpthread -lobjc   -lm
> /usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lGSANTLR_d
> collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
> make[1]: *** [GSLDAPWebExplorer.gswa/./GSLDAPWebExplorer] Error 1
> make: *** [GSLDAPWebExplorer.all.gswapp.variables] Error 2
> </shell>
>
> I have antlr and libantlr-dev installed, and dev-libs/gsantlr seems to
> be compiling and installing just fine. I only understand how ld works
> in a vague, hand-waving kind of manner, so I'm out of my league here.

I don't have gsantlr or gsldapwebexplorer readily available... (well I
have just checked out the sources so I can have a look but I don't have
a system available to build and test it).  But let me try to explain
what is happening...

gsldapwebexplorer/Makefike.preamble contains the following line:
ADDITIONAL_LDFLAGS = -lGSANTLR -lGSWeb -lgnustep-db2
-lgnustep-db2control  -lgsldap

You seem to have a debug flag set that causes gnustep-make to use debug
libraries.  So it is trying to link against libGSANTLR_d.so which should
presumably be located in /usr/GNUstep/Local/Library/Libraries if the
installation of gsantlr went well.

Please have look in that directory, and if the libraries are missing
please post the output of "sudo make messages=yes install" from gsantlr
to see what is going wrong there.

Cheers,
David