Re: Please do not hardcode GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN in GNUmakefiles!

From: Lucas Holt
Subject: Re: Please do not hardcode GNUSTEP_INSTALLATION_DOMAIN in GNUmakefiles!
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2008 11:21:41 -0400

On Oct 28, 2008, at 5:54 AM, Nicola Pero wrote:

Currently, gnustep-make defaults to using a GNUstep filesystem layout
when installed from scratch (and there is definitely no plan to change that) and installing into /usr/GNUstep. We could, I suppose, change that default location to be /usr/local/GNUstep - is that what you were suggesting ? That does feel a bit shocking at first, but maybe it is the right thing to do! Comments
welcome. :-)

Thanks

MidnightBSD's mports for GNUstep install into /usr/local/GNUstep now. I believe some of the other BSDs do the same. It would make our lives easier.

Lucas Holt
Luke@FoolishGames.com
MidnightBSD.org (Free OS)
JustJournal.com (Free blogging)