Re: GNUstep developer meeting in January

From: Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf
Subject: Re: GNUstep developer meeting in January
Date: Tue, 6 Jan 2009 03:13:28 +0100

Am 04.01.2009 um 00:20 schrieb Riccardo Mottola:

Hi,

why rant? Why feel sabotaged?

The target of these developer clear: get in sync, plan, develop; The goal is
clearly production.
Furthermore they allow for a clear planning of some development time.
Both Fred and Nikolaus expressed opinions that I can jsut share fully, but
let me explain a bit more of the backogrund

The date before Fosdem was choosen to be actually prepared for Fosdem! When I started organizing the meeting, I didn't even know we had no booth at Fosdem. I can go even further that we started planning for November and December, but had to procrastinate to January. Back then it was not even
clear if we were at Fosdem at all.

I even planned to be at both events and stand at the Fosdem booth to show off applications and evangelize people. Unfortunately it is unlikely I'm
going to make it for Fosdem, but the last word is not said yet.

distress, have an Asbach Uralt (self-imported from Germany...)

Riccardo

Riccardo,

sorry for being so rude. I had no idea that your efforts to organize "OrobienSTEP" already went on for quite some time then, I was under the impression that you just came up with this shortly. It's quite a pity that you can't make it for FOSDEM. However, I wish "OrobienSTEP" great success. May the source be with you! ;-)

regards,

        Lars