Re: GNUstep @ FOSDEM - status update - cancel it or not?

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep @ FOSDEM - status update - cancel it or not?
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 2009 09:29:15 +0100

Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:
> "b" means that there will be no official GNUstep presence on FOSDEM this
> year (because there's no GNUstep booth or desk this year). This also
> means that the message "GNU says good bye to the booming world of ObjC
> and Cocoa and accepts the status quo of the closed source nature of
> Apple's approach" is spread and perceived by the public (I know this is
> not the case but this is the way the public reception and opinion
> works). It could also mean that it might become be very difficult (if
> not impossible) to get any DevRoom, booth or stand at FOSDEM in the
> following years.

I think the given consequences wont happen in that exaggerated way, most
likely the majority of FOSDEM attenders just wont notice we aren't
there. Still I think it would be better to show up and I am beginning to
plan, whether there is a way I could go there. If only Freiburg wasn't
that far off from everywhere.

Fred