Re: GNUstep @ FOSDEM - status update - cancel it or not?

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: GNUstep @ FOSDEM - status update - cancel it or not?
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 2009 14:17:53 +0000

On 9 Jan 2009, at 14:04, Lars Sonchocky-Helldorf wrote:

What is missing (IMO) from our presentation lineup is someone talking about Etoile.

I am also very much interested in this (especially all the stuff David Chisnall did with the runtime and the LanguageKit), but from what I heard of the Étoilé people my hopes are low. Blame the weak Pound for it (or whatever).

I can prepare some slides on LanguageKit / SmalltalkKit for someone else to deliver if you want, and I could possibly even deliver them via some video conferencing magic if someone has the requisite skill at the other end - maybe someone could set up a Mac on the desk with the camera pointing at the audience and just use iChat? As long as someone can advance to the next slide for me this would be fine.

David