Re: GNUstep.sh with graphical login

From: Nicola Pero
Subject: Re: GNUstep.sh with graphical login
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 12:00:33 +0100

I have beating my head against the wall for a week and I cannot get
GNUstep.sh to run so that I can use GNUstep apps from WindowMaker. If
I open a terminal and
run . /usr/GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh then I can run
GNUstep apps from that terminal but as soon as I close it I cannot.

I used to have a system using WindowMaker where I simply had '. /usr/ GNUstep/System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh' in /etc/profile That worked for me ... it ensured that the environment was set up in my shell before windowmaker was started.

Yes.

James, keep in mind that if you add anything to /etc/profile, it will have no effect on your currently logged in session(s); only on future logins. That can be confusing, so you may want to simply reboot the system to force everyone to log in again so that the new settings are used globally.

Thanks