Re: GNUstep.sh with graphical login

From: James Jordan
Subject: Re: GNUstep.sh with graphical login
Date: Thu, 7 Jan 2010 13:39:50 +0100

Thank you for the quick responses but, no joy.

I am grep-ing every file on the other computer I set up for the sole
purpose of figuring this out to see if I can find how Ubuntu managed
it.  I have already looked at all of the usual suspects on that system
but cannot find any reference to GNUstep.sh.  I was planning on dumping
Ubuntu anyway and going with a pure Debian install but I would still
like to track GNUstep development so the default .debs probably still
will not work fr me.  If I cannot figure this out in another day or two
I will uninstall all of my compiled GNUstep packages, go back to the
default Ubuntu ones and then start building and using checkinstall to
update the .debs.  That will of course introduce incompatibilities of a
different ilk.

No worries on rebooting, I am well past 500 reboots trying to resolve
this and there are no other users.

Your recommendations did lead me to this page:

http://www.gnustep.org/resources/documentation/User/GNUstep/gnustep-howto_4.html

which has some other ideas I may try.

Thanks again  -j