Re: Next GNUstep releases

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep releases
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 21:12:47 +0100

Am 09.02.2011 07:55, schrieb Riccardo Mottola:
> perhaps we should make a list of things to do before the release of each
> core component. Maybe on the wiki?
>
> Something on the line:
>
> For base:
>     * finalize FHS decision (or not)
>     * test working with/without ICU
> For gui:
>     * fix bug 32166 (theme switching)
>     * finalize Gnome-theming

This is not needed for a GNUstep release. Greg needs only to make sure
no additional changes to GUI are required.

>     * correct theming for Thematic in the definitive way (32056)

Again not strictly necessary for a gui release.

>     * veryfiy bug 27782

That has been committed so long ago, that we should be rather sure it is
at least not worse than before.

> For back:
>     * xxxx
>
> For all core:
>     * do compilation test on most platforms
>     * verify libobjc1/libobcj2/gcc/clang...

Yes and it would be great to have another set of static analysis for
GNUstep. If David doesn't come up with that I will have to install Clang
myself. Which probably will use up all the time I have for GNUstep this
month. :-(