Re: Next GNUstep releases

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Next GNUstep releases
Date: Wed, 09 Feb 2011 07:55:54 +0100

Hi,

perhaps we should make a list of things to do before the release of each core component. Maybe on the wiki?

Something on the line:

For base:
    * finalize FHS decision (or not)
    * test working with/without ICU
For gui:
    * fix bug 32166 (theme switching)
    * finalize Gnome-theming
    * correct theming for Thematic in the definitive way (32056)
    * veryfiy bug 27782
For back:
    * xxxx

For all core:
    * do compilation test on most platforms
    * verify libobjc1/libobcj2/gcc/clang...

Generally, we could add on this list both tasks as well a certain bugs to be checked (or discarded) for the release.

Riccardo

Gregory Casamento wrote:
Before we do any release we should give some time for current efforts
to complete and stabilize.

I would like to complete the work on the GNOME theme prior to the
release to make sure that there's no additional changes which must be
made in gnustep-GUI in order to support it fully.

GC