Re: Rendering grayscale on opengl using nsbitmaprep

From: Indie AN
Subject: Re: Rendering grayscale on opengl using nsbitmaprep
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2011 23:10:07 +0530

Hi,
 I had attached the image along this  mail.  Its  part of
cocos2d-iphone project
(https://github.com/ANindie/cocos2d-GNUstep/raw/1219df69bd64feb6aa2ae83073e1f9e380e6f9ad/src/Resources/Images/stars2-grayscale.png).
  As per 'Gimp 'it contains 2 channels, alpha and luminosity. 64*64 pixels.
GNUstep NSBitmapimagerep reports that samplesPerPixel=2,
BytesPerRow=128. So I tried to use the data provided by
NSBitmapimagerep  to generate RBGA pixel data. Either my approach
going wrong or NSBitmapimagerep doesn't  give proper data.
 Also I tried rendering image assuming BytesPerRow = 64*4 half of the
image renders properly rest is black/garbage.