Re: NSOperation bug

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: NSOperation bug
Date: Wed, 2 Mar 2011 08:21:53 +0000

On 28 Feb 2011, at 16:42, Scott Christley wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Here is a NSOperation test case that runs fine under OSX but fails on GNUstep.
>
> Scott
>
> <concurrent.m>

Thank very much.

I ran it on my 10.6 system, found that one of the tests failed and modified it
slightly to fix that (a race condition that probably didn't show on your
system), and added it to the testsuite.

It looks to me like I just never implemented support for 'concurrent'
operations in base (since operations actually run in parallel in separate
threads anyway, it probably seemed pointless) ... and probably this needs
significant rewriting.  I'll try to get round to that soon though.