Re: Question about WindowMaker

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: Question about WindowMaker
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 19:19:02 -0400

Stefan Bidi <stefanbidi@gmail.com> writes:

> You can just as well use another window manager, such as Etoile's
> Azalea (based on Openbox) or Metacity (the GNOME window manager).  The
> look is similar, I guess that's why someone would think they go
> hand-in-hand, but the feel is completely different.

Yes, and no- these days it doesn't matter much with the advancement of
in-window menus, etc in GNUstep. However, WindowMaker does have special
code for GNUstep to make the NeXT interface style (palette menu,
appicons, miniwindows, etc) work and behave better. Just take a look at
src/GNUstep.h in the source code.

Charles

--
Why use Windows, since there is a door?