Re: ProjectCenter, Clang, and Reporting

From: Austin Clow
Subject: Re: ProjectCenter, Clang, and Reporting
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 12:45:30 -0500

(I'm re-sending this because, once again, i forgot to press reply-all,
originally sent at 4:12AM)

I just installed Clang, and added to my project's GNUMakefile.postamble file
the following:

CC = clang
CCP = clang -E

OBJCFLAGS +=-I/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/gcc/i686-linux-gnu/4.5/include/
OBJCFLAGS +=-I/usr/include/i386-linux-gnu

I pressed the build button in ProjectCenter and all worked great. I actually
got most of what I wanted to build in GNUstep with only minor issues. I
reported a few things I had to disable in my source code to the bug database,
because they were either missing from GNUstep's AppKit or Foundation or not
working. I was very surprised that I was able to get so much working today.

I am using Ubuntu and 4.6 is not currently in the Software Center. But clang is
what I really want so I was glad to see it functioning.

Clang and GCC are interchangeable with respect to what they create.

- Austin