Re: Garbage Collection

From: David Chisnall
Subject: Re: Garbage Collection
Date: Wed, 25 May 2011 16:37:40 +0100

On 25 May 2011, at 16:31, Thomas Davie wrote:

> Are there any more dependancies for this than boehm-gc and the trunks of the
> relevant packages?  Using trunk clang, trunk libobjc2 and a fresh install of
> ubuntu's libgc-dev I'm getting this:

There aren't, but there seems to be something strange about Ubuntu's package
for the Boehm GC.  On FreeBSD, I'm using the boehm-gc-threaded port, which is
Boehm GC 7.1, compiled with threads support.

I don't see the cast errors, because in version those parameters are void* not
char*.  I don't see the error, because struct GC_stack_base and
GC_get_stack_base() are declared in the gc.h that I have.

Maybe Ubuntu ships an old version?

David