Re: releases for gorm or projectcenter??

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: releases for gorm or projectcenter??
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 19:37:48 +0200

On 11.10.2011 18:16, Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:
usually the openbsd ports build with gcc-4.2.1 and the libobjc that comes with
it. I plan to switch the ports to use clang/libobjc2 instead.
I tried to compile the latest releases of gorm and projectcenter with
clang/libobjc2. However, they fail to compile. I know they compile fine when
using both from svn.
Could there be made some new releases for both?
If there are half baked features in the applications which are not yet ready to
be released, could there be made some intermediate releases, just fixing the
build errors?
If all is not possible, could someone maybe point me to the changes in svn that
made it compile with clang/libobjc2?

Eric suggested a gui/back release in the near future and I think this would be great, but only after we fix a few more bugs and test a little more. After that a Gorm and ProjectCenter release would be needed anyway. Maybe we could even do a parallel minor release for base at the same time?

The only problem here is that with the stupid behaviour of RMS I don't have much motivation to contribute to GNUstep at the moment. I know this is wrong, still I have to fight very hard not to give in to the feeling of giving up on GNUstep for some time until I have forgot about RMS and just remember how great free software could be.

Fred