Re: fonts displaying strangely

From: Eric Wasylishen
Subject: Re: fonts displaying strangely
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 13:46:30 -0600

Hi Sebastian,.
I see something similar if I increase the UI scale factor with GSScaleFactor,
except text has gaps in it instead of being bunched together.

I tracked that problem to the method -[NSLayoutManager
drawGlyphsForGlyphRange:atPoint:] which is hard to understand and seems to be
buggy.  I started a rewrite of that method a while ago but never finished it.
If you want, you could try applying the attached patch and see if it fixes your
problem.

The patch fixes the spacing problems I observed, but it is incomplete; it may
not properly change styles when drawing an attributed string (and it's also
slow) - so it's not ready to apply.

Eric