Re: fonts displaying strangely

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: fonts displaying strangely
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 22:26:57 +0100

Hi Eric,

I don't think that this patch is the way to proceed. You implement a few different ideas in there that will each cost a lot of runtime. It surely is a great idea to move the determination of the colours into a separate method, but we should only get the one current colour plus its valid range from that method and not compute more at once.

And sending each glyph over to the backend separately is definitely wrong. We just need to make sure that the advancements we compute in the layout manager match the actual advancements. You change just spreads out that error over all glyphs, while the current code shows it at the end of a glyph run that got displayed at once.

Fred