Re: git mirror

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: git mirror
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2012 09:03:18 +0100

Hi,

On 02/15/12 02:50, Amr Aboelela wrote:
Greg,

pls check this:

http://kris.me.uk/2010/10/01/svn-master-with-git-mirrors.html

it is talking about our situation and how to make a mirror. u can run maybe a cronjob in ur machine or any other machine to sync both svn repo and git repo together.

Interesting, this could prove to provide access in both manners.
It also shows that once there is a git mirror, there can be several, allowing us to put one on github for example.

I also implies that since SVN remains master, those wishing to use SVN can continue to use it.

In case of SVN failure, the changes will "accumulate" in git and be pusehd back in one big chunk, I suppose this at least, it would be worth checking right this scenario.

Riccardo