Re: GNUstep github mirror status...

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: GNUstep github mirror status...
Date: Mon, 20 Feb 2012 17:05:50 +0100

On 20.02.2012 14:28, Derek Fawcus wrote:
You could partially mitigate the issue that David highighted by grouping
the svn repositories in to the git repositories - albeit as multi-header
repositories,  then it would be possible to commit to aggregate repositories.

e.g.  Make :    make
       Base :    base
                 corebase
                 libobjc2
       Gui  :    gui
                 back
                 coreimage
                 opal
                 quartzcore
                 uikit
       CoreApp : gworkspace
                 systempreferences
       Gorm
       ProjectCentre

etc.

Then the only co-ordination required with commits would be across between the
agregates,  i.e. libraries in base should be largely independant of those in
Gui.

I like your basic idea, but the grouping you suggest doesn't match my current usage pattern. I would prefer to have the current core modules (make, base, gui, back) together in one repository. This is where we need that actual coordination of commits. The rest of the modules should be rather independent.