Re: Testers wanted for MPDCon and Zipper

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: Testers wanted for MPDCon and Zipper
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 09:46:55 +0100

Sebastian Reitenbach wrote:

> On Wednesday, February 22, 2012 06:10 CET, Germán Arias <german@xelalug.org>
> wrote:
>
>> On 2012-02-17 14:26:53 -0600 "Sebastian Reitenbach"
>> <sebastia@l00-bugdead-prods.de> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> GAP is proud to announce its two new applications in its collection:
>>> MPDCon
>>> and Zipper.
>>> OK, they are not new, but their original authors stopped working on
>>> them long
>>> years ago, but after contacting them,
>>> they are happy with us giving them a new home on GAP, and continuing
>>> development.
>>>
>>> MPDCon is a Music Player Daemon client, for more information, and the
>>> changes
>>> that happend on GAP in the
>>> last couple of days, take a look here:
>>> http://gap.nongnu.org/mpdcon/index.html
>>>
>>> Zipper is a tool for inspecting and extracting the contents of
>>> compressed
>>> archives, for more information, and the changed that happend on GAP
>>> in the
>>> last couple of days take a look here:
>>> http://gap.nongnu.org/zipper/index.html
>>> The support for BSD tar is known to be broken, so you need GNU tar,
>>> and the
>>> default open application (View menu entry) is known to not to work,
>>> we'll
>>> probably keep a solution for that for a next release.
>>> Interesting here is whether it works with all the different versions
>>> of the
>>> command line (un)archivers out there.
>>>

>> I'm testing with current gnustep in SVN. With Zipper I have these
>> problems:
>>
>> * If you open the preferences panel and then close it, Zipper crash.
>
> OK, I get that too, looking into it.

Me too :-) It looks like this is a bug in gui, which closes the panel but
doesn't abort the modal session.
However, I'm not very eager to fix this bug because the idea of running a
preference panel in a modal loop is a BIG user interface bug in the first place
and that really should be fixed in Zipper.

Wolfgang