Re: Testers wanted for MPDCon and Zipper

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Testers wanted for MPDCon and Zipper
Date: Wed, 22 Feb 2012 11:43:57 +0100

Hi,
I am not able to reproduce this behaviour here (OpenSuse 12.1, gcc 4.6,
64bit). I get plenty of horrible compiler warnings from Zipper (current CVS), which really should be fixed before looking deeper into any issue with that application. Could you please describe in detail all the steps required to reproduce the crash?

strange that you cannot reproduce it. I can. I think it might be a problem in Zipper since it got NIB created panels. I don't like at a first glance how the panel gets closed.

when ok and Cancel get invoked, they call stopModal, then endModalSession is called automatically. Everything is fine. But how does the Panel close? the end of the modal session should close it, AFAIK

I don't like that windowWillClose calls a release to self either. Removing that, I solve the crash. I commit that for the time being.

What remains however is the appearance that the panel gets closed, redisplayed, closed again. Also the menu flickers. I suppose the modal run loop does something strange?

Riccardo