Re: NSXML* classes

From: Fred Kiefer
Subject: Re: NSXML* classes
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2012 13:46:45 +0100

On 26.02.2012 22:14, Ivan Vučica wrote:
Hi Fred,

On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 21:41, Fred Kiefer<fredkiefer@gmx.de>  wrote:

I managed to reproduce and hopefully fix the XPath issue you are seeing.

Awesome! Thanks. Indeed, a node has appeared in the interface.

But there is a much deeper problem for your code. You rely on the fact to
be able to replace the class of a node while parsing an XML document. This
currently doesn't work with GNustep. I have a few ideas on how to fix this,
but it will take some time.

Thanks. I didn't realize it wasn't implemented. I've looked into NSXML
code, and I think I have an idea on how I'd go about fixing
+replacementClassForClass: support, but you are bound to have a better idea
of how to do it correctly.

If you have an idea, please try to implement it the next time. It took me quite some time to come up with a somewhat working solution for this. I also added a small change in gui (NSWindowController). Now it is possible to start your inspector. The problem here was that we called setDocument: rather early for this class and your code expected the window to exist in that method, even when document was given as nil.

Still not much is working in your application. I need to try it on Mac to see how it is supposed to work.