Re: PlayingSound

From: Steve Van Voorst
Subject: Re: PlayingSound
Date: Fri, 31 Aug 2012 02:13:57 +0000 (GMT)

 Dan,

I tried activating the speaker and installing beep as suggested.  I also ran a Google search and found that the pcspkr was indeed blacklisted on Ubuntu 12.04.  I edited /etc/modprobe.d/blacklist.conf and remmed out "blacklist pcspkr" by placing a '#' preceeding this line of code.  I rebooted and ran my demo with NSBeep(), but still didn't hear anything.  I have an hp Pavilion p7-1220 and have not taken the cover off of it yet, so I don't really know if it has a speaker or not.  I am using two external USB Altec Lansing speakers set to analog that work fine.  Your post indicates running the beep.h to test it; I am unsure how to do this.  I am unable to open the file to read it and see no other documentation of how to run a test of the header.  It's not the end of the world if I don't get this working, but will keep trying.  Thanks for the information and suggestions.

Steve Van Voorst