Re: custom options during save in a document app

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: custom options during save in a document app
Date: Fri, 05 Oct 2012 12:29:22 +0200

Hi Fred,

Fred Kiefer wrote:
I don't quite understand what you are asking here. Somewhere in your code you run the actual save panel, with what ever extensions you need. When this code returns you ask the save panel for the selected filename and file type. This surely isn't the problem. Do you want to change the filename that is displayed in the save panel itself? This should be automatically adjusted when ever you select a different file type. I just tested with Ink and there this mechanism seems to work.
Most likely you are talking about a different problem that I fail to see.
I want to reproduce exactly that behaviour. But now the file type selection is inside my accessory view becasue for JPEG I added some options, so I need a way to handle that myself (or "attach" to the existing tools the standard one uses).

I don't think I can leave the standard file type selection and enable osme options only for certain types? that would mean two option views...

Riccardo