Re: NSPopUpButtons

From: Wolfgang Lux
Subject: Re: NSPopUpButtons
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2012 18:37:42 +0100

Riccardo Mottola wrote:

> FTP has popup buttons of the pull-down type. If you run the application you
> will notice that the left one, which is usually populated by a couple of
> times, the path of your home directory, will "point up": it looks flipped,
> the arrow points up and it will even "open" upwards. The right one, empty
> when not connected to a server, looks correct.
> However on connection, the right one will get populated too and will then
> "flip" too.
>
> What is happening? it looks like a bug to me.

Yes, it looks like a bug. But the bug is in the way the popup button was
initialized in the Gorm file. Stepping through the -initWithCoder: method of
the NSPopUpButton cell class I noticed that the button's preferred edge is set
to NSMinYEdge. However, this should be NSMaxYEdge. Maybe it helps to change the
arrow in the pull down options from Down to Right and then back again.
Otherwise, you might try and recreate the pull down buttons in the Gorm file.

Wolfgang