Re: Cambridge DevMeeting 2014?

From: Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller
Subject: Re: Cambridge DevMeeting 2014?
Date: Sat, 6 Jul 2013 14:01:57 +0200

Am 06.07.2013 um 13:42 schrieb Fred Kiefer:

> I most definitely would come to a meeting in Cambridge next year.

> But why not Croatia? It might be fun there as well. Although it seems hard to
> compete with the atmosphere at the computer lab in Cambridge.

What about an "AlpenSTEP" meeting? In that case I would probably come as well.
Cambridge or Croatia is too far for me.

> Fred
>

> On 05.07.2013 17:39, Ivan Vučica wrote:
>> I like the idea! I had a great time.
>>
>> I'll also inquire around if we can do something similar in Croatia. Having
>> come back, despite my best efforts I started liking the country a bit more
>> -- might be the EU breeze sweeping over the place.
>>
>> Then again, maybe not :)
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Ivan Vučica
>> via phone
>>
>> On 5. 7. 2013., at 13:23, David Chisnall <theraven@sucs.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Everyone,
>>>
>>> The Cambridge DevMeeting is now more or less finished - Quentin and Eric
>>> are still here to do Étoilé things, but the other GNUstep people have all
>>> left.  I hope the event was useful - there certainly seemed to be lots of
>>> productive discussions (for example, Fred, Richard, Ivan and Eric all had a
>>> chance to discuss CoreAnimation / Opal / -back) and I think it would be a
>>> productive thing to do again next year.  Who would be interested in a
>>> similar event next summer (possibly a week later, so we miss graduation
>>> weekend and college rooms are easier to find)?

Unfortunately I never did see an invitation (telling something about the goals
of such a meeting) or some organizational discussions, but just some indirect
rumours that something will happen. So I learned about the final date just 2
weeks before the event (and did not have time to come anyways).

So before making up my mind if it is useful or not, I would like to see some
minutes or report or something else to get an understanding what the meeting
was about and what was achieved and what I could have contributed.

Nikolaus