Re: unit testing?

From: Richard Frith-Macdonald
Subject: Re: unit testing?
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 10:06:40 +0100

On 17 Sep 2013, at 09:49, "Lundberg, Johannes"
<johannes@brilliantservice.co.jp> wrote:

> Thanks for quick replies!
>
> Would any of these also work on OS X? I read somewhere that UnitKit hasn't
> has a new release in a long time but if there's a new release coming I will
> check it out.

Yes, the gnustep test framework is extremely portable.

Its primary purpose is for regression testing the gnustep libraries, so it is
used on OSX in particular to ensure that the behavior of the gnustep libraries
is the same as that of the equivalent Apple libraries.
In other words, we develop testcases using Apple's libraries on OSX, then run
those testcase on gnustep to ensure that the gnustep behavior is identical to
the Apple behavior.

Look in the gnustep-base Tests subdirectory for loads of examples.