Re: draft of a new Open Source Commercial License

From: Pirmin Braun
Subject: Re: draft of a new Open Source Commercial License
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 10:48:01 +0200

Am Wed, 18 Sep 2013 03:45:43 -0400
schrieb Gregory Casamento <greg.casamento@gmail.com> :

> Your statement here:
>
> It gives you all the freedoms, the GPL (tm) is meant for:
> - the freedom to use the software for any purpose,
> - the freedom to change the software to suit your needs,
> - the freedom to share the software with your friends and neighbors, and
> - the freedom to share the changes you make.
>
> Is not correct.  It is contradicted by the term here:
>
> For commercial organisations usage is free for the first 5 concurrent named
> users.
> Continued usage by exceeding concurrent named users needs to be licensed in
> a seperate, written
> license agreement with IntarS Unternehmenssoftware GmbH.
> This applies also to the IntarS contained in a derived work.
> Commercial organisations must immediately send a mail to info@intars.de to
> buy required licenses.
>
> This is mainly because you are discriminating between different types of
> users.  The license does not grant the same freedoms as the GPL

sure, that's right; but how can I express, that in real life usage it doesn't
make a difference compared to LGPL for 99% of the users?

what if I put it this way:
It gives you practically all the freedoms, the GPL (tm) is meant for:
- the freedom to use the software for nearly any purpose,

Pirmin Braun - IntarS Unternehmenssoftware GmbH - Am Hofbräuhaus 1 - 96450
Coburg
+49 2642 40526292 +49 174 9747584 - skype:pirminb www.intars.de  pb@intars.de
Geschäftsführer: Pirmin Braun, Ralf Engelhardt Registergericht: Amtsgericht
Coburg HRB3136