Re: draft of a new Open Source Commercial License

From: Pirmin Braun
Subject: Re: draft of a new Open Source Commercial License
Date: Wed, 18 Sep 2013 11:31:49 +0200

Am Wed, 18 Sep 2013 09:58:19 +0100
schrieb Liam Proven <lproven@gmail.com> :

> On 18 September 2013 09:48, Pirmin Braun <pb@intars.de> wrote:
> * Don't invent new licences.
If there is one around, that suites our case, I'd be glad to use it.

> The point you are making yourself but seem blind to is that _if_ your
> special licence will not make a difference to most people, then that
> means they have to do work to discover if they are in the 1% and that
> will put them off. It looks like a trap. You're not setting them free,
> you're attaching terms that mean that you are going to ensnare just a
> small number. That is offputting.

the planned implementation would display a message on every user login
explaining very clear where they are and produce a daily summary of how many
peak concurrent named users were active and what that means.

> 1% pregnant is still pregnant.
but how would you call a group of 100 women where 1 of them is pregnant?

The world is full of things like "free entrance for children younger than 5
years"
but (in case it's your business model) you wouldn't write a sign "free entrance
for persons younger than 100 years"
instead you would put it "free entrance for everybody (except you're 99 or
older)"

--
Pirmin Braun - IntarS Unternehmenssoftware GmbH - Am Hofbräuhaus 1 - 96450
Coburg