objc compiler not detected

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: objc compiler not detected
Date: Thu, 03 Oct 2013 14:39:04 +0200

Hi,

I updated netbsd to netbsd "current" and  base configure fails:

checking for Sleep... no
checking for objc_root_class attribute support... not present
checking whether objc really works... no
I don't seem to be able to use your Objective-C compiler to produce
working binaries!  Please check your Objective-C compiler installation.
If you are using gcc-3.x make sure that your compiler's libgcc_s and libobjc
can be found by the dynamic linker - usually that requires you to play
with LD_LIBRARY_PATH or /etc/ld.so.conf.
Please refer to your compiler installation instructions for more help.
configure: error: The Objective-C compiler does not work or is not installed properly.

The error I get is:

configure:5686: checking the Objective-C runtime
configure:5698: result: GNU
configure:5717: checking for custom shared objc library
configure:5776: result: NONE
configure:5809: checking objc/runtime.h usability
configure:5826: gcc -c -g -O2 -I/Local/Library/Headers -I/Local/Library/Headers
-I/System/Library/Headers -I/usr/pkg/include conftest.c >&5
conftest.c:109:26: fatal error: objc/runtime.h: No such file or directory
compilation terminated.

from the first test I guess that my compiler still has Objc support and that it wasn't removed, but runtime.h is not found. Who provides runtime.h? I supposed that the gcc runtime should install it, but I asked the NetBSD mailing list and apparently not. Who is right? Or a clue about the problem?

Can I be sure from gcc -dumpspecs or gcc --version if I have proper objc configured?
I have

rid$ ls include/objc/
NXConstStr.h    encoding.h      objc-decls.h    sarray.h
Object.h        hash.h          objc-list.h     thr.h
Protocol.h      objc-api.h      objc.h          typedstream.h

most files seem to be there, except runtime.h

Riccardo