Re: building on debian wheezy 7.0

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: building on debian wheezy 7.0
Date: Sun, 03 Nov 2013 01:32:31 +0100

Hi,

On 2013-11-03 00:30:17 +0100 "Michael P. Soulier" <msoulier@digitaltorque.ca>
wrote:

> On 02/11/13 Germán Arias said:
>
>> Seems like you don't have installed the dev headers for libxml (libxml-dev
>> package).
>> However, you can try with the deb packages for wheezy:
>>
>> http://coyote.octets.fr/pub/gnustep/packages/wheezy/
>>
>> Just add the corresponding repository. Something like:
>>
>> deb http://coyote.octets.fr/pub/gnustep/packages/wheezy/i386/ ./
>>
>> Then update the list of packages.
>
> Ok, great. It would help if the initial checks by the script could have found
> the missing dependency up front though.

It should indeed. I never used "startup". I install first make, then base, then
gui and then back, checking each time what configure told me. It will warn you
if some hard-dependencies re missign and, in case, tell you how to skip them
with the correct configure option. In any case you should have noticed that at
configure time, not build time.

"startup" already contains several dependencies.

Perhaps other can add a comment here. What packages ar eincluded in startup?
Perhaps there is an overlap in debian-supllied packages and startup ones?

I do wonder that startup did not warn you. Libxml2 s highly recommended but not
compulsory, libxslt is more optional in general usage.

Riccardo