Re: [ANN] Burn 0.6.0

From: Ivan Vučica
Subject: Re: [ANN] Burn 0.6.0
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2015 21:52:40 +0100

...and I completely missed the part where you said libero.it is your ISP.

I would guess that, given they ship a DMARC policy that (in combination with their SPF policy) breaks mailing lists, and that there's very little chance that they will let you update their DNS records :-) it may be time to obtain your own domain.

Or (possibly just for mailing lists) start using only an address that has non-broken policy records...

I'd be more worried about DMARC failure that's visible by Gmail users in headers:

       spf=pass (google.com: domain of discuss-gnustep-bounces+ivan=vucica.net@gnu.org designates 2001:4830:134:3::11 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=discuss-gnustep-bounces+ivan=vucica.net@gnu.org;
       dkim=neutral (body hash did not verify) header.i=@;
       dmarc=fail (p=QUARANTINE dis=NONE) header.from=libero.it

Inspect libero.it's SPF and DMARC records and adjust them accordingly, so that gnu.org servers are allowed to send mails on behalf of users @libero.it:
  https://dmarcian.com/dmarc-inspector/libero.it

DMARC records currently order Gmail (and others) to quarantine emails unless they were sent by servers in SPF records:
  https://dmarcian.com/spf-survey/libero.it
which seem to be some BlackBerry servers, plus those in 212.48.25.128/25 IP range.

It's possible that just adding "include:gnu.org" to libero.it's SPF record would be enough.

not nice if I find myself as spam, even if the message is relayed from the list. Perhaps some of my emails did not get a reply for this reason...

Luboš Doležel wrote:
*  0.0 FREEMAIL_FROM Sender email is commonly abused enduser mail provider
*      (riccardo.mottola[at]libero.it)

But it is not freemail, even if libero means free. It is the provider I pay for my internet connection!
*  0.2 FREEMAIL_FORGED_FROMDOMAIN 2nd level domains in From and
*      EnvelopeFrom freemail headers are different
*  0.0 T_DKIM_INVALID DKIM-Signature header exists but is not valid
What is this error? I don't think it is something I can do something about, or?

Riccardo