Re: NeXT GNU Homage Project Work

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: NeXT GNU Homage Project Work
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2015 11:37:16 +0100

Hi,

Maxthon Chan wrote:
5) loginwindow (which is necessary in building a complete desktop experience)

Easier said than done. We would have one in GAP, it is one of our oldest apps! But it never worked right, I tried to revive it... wanting to do something failry simple similar to XDM, but it just doesn't work. I have issues wtih "killing" the apps of the session as well as various other things.
Like XDM I want something portable between linux, bsd, solaris, etc.

Once the basic design work, there are other issues peculiar to GS itself, but those are minor things perhaps.

If somebody with some Unix experience wants to help, let's move over to GAP dev and discuss and work on it.
Just whishing things is not enough.

Riccardo