Re: Lotus Improv

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Lotus Improv
Date: Thu, 19 Nov 2015 22:37:11 +0100

Hi,

we always somehow dream to get the lightouse applications. Hopelessly outdated, they still look so nice in the screenshots that I would love to run it on GNUstep and see how it looks!

GNUstep is ... missing on the Office side.

Robert Slover wrote:
There is a project named FlexiSheet that attempts something similar, but I know too little about it.

Well, FlexiSheet tried to be a Quantrix implementation for Mac. I don't know the full history, I guess the author intended it to make a commercial app out of it reviving the concept. But hen his career changed and he opensourced it. Unfinished and the sources were in the middle of some sort of rewrite. We at GAP contacted the author years ago and got the permission to include them in GAP. I did minor "fixes" to the code and it now appears to start on Mac 10.4/PPC It even runs on GNUstep with minimal tweaking... right out with NIB compatibility.

It would be nice to complete it and improve also the GS working (although it should just be the looks: the code should work or it is a bug in either bad code or GS itself, since it is vintage 10.3/10.4 code).

To sum up: something is there, but it needs bug fixing and feature completion. As a lot of stuff in GNUstep.

Riccardo