Re: Plans for ahead

From: Riccardo Mottola
Subject: Re: Plans for ahead
Date: Sun, 29 Nov 2015 22:42:20 +0100

Hi,

Alessandro Sangiuliano wrote:
Yes, indeed I like Amiga retro and never liked NeXTStep. With NeXT if I use 10 Apps, and I do this often in my hacking sessions, then I've 10 windows for the Apps + 10 floating menus for each Apps, that are shown everytime I click on the window of the relative App. This means I also have to take care about positioning the floating menus as well as the App Window, each time that I click on that window and the relative menus appears, overlaps another window which probably I need to read; not so comfortably in my point of view. This is quite horrible for me, messy and inconsistent, floating menus everywhere!

If that is happening to you, something is not working as expected. Menus are part of the application, but they get hidden when another application gets in the foreground, you never see all menus and they never overlap. They will always appear over other windows of applications in the background, which could as well be hidden. That is how others menu work.
The NeXT menu in this regard is really similar to the Mac Menu.

Riccardo