Re: Newbie needs some help...

From: Josh Freeman
Subject: Re: Newbie needs some help...
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 13:47:48 -0400

That tutorial links to GNUstep & libobjc2 sources that are several years out of date.

There's an Ubuntu script on the GNUstep wiki for building the latest GS & libobjc2 versions - it might also work on Debian:
http://wiki.gnustep.org/index.php/GNUstep_under_Ubuntu_Linux

Note that the script installs the clang package from your distro's repository (clang 3.5 on Debian Jessie); Since you mentioned you already had clang 3.9, I'd recommend modifying the script before you run it to remove clang from the list of packages to install, as installing over a newer clang version might cause issues:

   Modify "16.04 & 16.10" script, line 26 - remove "clang":
sudo apt -y install clang git ninja cmake libffi-dev libxml2-dev \
->
sudo apt -y install git ninja cmake libffi-dev libxml2-dev \

Cheers,

Josh