Re: Newbie needs some help...

From: Bertrand Gmail
Subject: Re: Newbie needs some help...
Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2017 12:05:23 +0200

I did several installs on Jessie. Here is attached my install script modified from the ubuntu install script on gnustep wiki.

You don't need to compile clang by yourself (which is very long) and can use Jessie's one.

I don't advise to run my script "as is" as it's not a finished work, but more of a "step by step install notes" for myself.

With it, the file System/Library/Makefiles/GNUstep.sh of the GNUstep install directory will be sourced in your bashrc file, and clang will be you defaullt compiler also.

With this you will be able to compile gnustep apps and run them from the commandline. If you want to be able to run them from a graphic interface (menus, launcher etc.), you will need to source this file in your ~/.profile.

Hope this helps.

Bertrand Dekoninck