Re: GDL2: prototypes and EOAttribute.m

From: Mark Clements
Subject: Re: GDL2: prototypes and EOAttribute.m
Date: Sun, 11 Jun 2017 16:05:52 +0000

Note that WebObjects​ 5 uses EOCustomObject:

http://wocommunity.org/documents/javadoc/WebObjects/5.4.2/com/webobjects/eocontrol/EOCustomObject.html

Changing from NSObject categories in EOF 4.5 to using EOCustomObject in
WebObjects 5 may reflect the Java implementation. Perhaps the "hack"
relates to the NSObject categories - is this considered to be a bad idea?

Irrespectively, if the principle is to re-implement EOF 4.5, then
reverting the patch is sensible - but this will involve substantial work.

-- Mark